Chintha Chiguru is one of the few things I look forward to in the summers. Apart from Mangoes and Munjalu. 😋 And Chintha chiguru mutton curry is one my favorite dish of all time!
Here is the recipe:
Mutton: 600 gms
Onion: 3-4 medium size, finely chopped
Green Chilies: 3 – slit along the length
Oil: 3 tbsp
Ginger Garlic paste: 2 tbsp
Red Chili powder: per your taste. I used 6 tsp because: 1. we like our food extra spicy and 2. when we use chintha chiguru we will need extra heat to beat the tangy taste.
Salt: 2 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala: a pinch
Chintha chiguru: 100 gms
- Clean the meat of excessive fat, wash it in hot water and set it aside.
- In a pressure cooker add oil, onion and green chilies. Cook till the onions turns translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and mix it well.
- Add meat, red chili powder, salt, turmeric powder and garam masala. Mix all the ingredients well. Close the lid and cook with the pressure on for three whistles in medium high flame and ten minutes on simmer.
- In simmer phase, let it cook for 10 minutes even if the cooker lets out of couple of more whistles. This will allow the meat to cook properly.
- Turn off the flame and let the cooker cool down.
- Now remove the lid and add washed chintha chiguru to the dish. Cook for 5 minutes on simmer. The leaves will melt in no time. Super tasty and my personal favorite Chintha Chiguru Mutton curry is ready to be served with either rice or rotis.