Aloo – 4 medium
Methi/ Fenugreek leaves – one handful
Tomatoes – 3 medium
Onion – 1 big
Green chilies – 2
Curry Leaves – 1 strand
Oil – 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Salt – 1 ½ tsp
Turmeric ¼ tsp
Red chili powder – 1 ½ tbsp
Garam masala powder – a small pinch
Water – 1 cup
Coriander – for garnish
- Wash and peel potatoes. Cut them into 2 inch cubes. Wash methi leaves and finely chop them. Wash and finely dice tomatoes. Finely chop the onion and two green chilies. Wash one strand of curry leaves and set them aside.
- Take one liter cooker. Add 1 tbsp of oil, mustard seeds & cumin seeds. Let them sputter for a minute.
- Add finely chopped onion, green chilies and curry leaves. Mix the ingredients thoroughly and let them cook till the onions turn golden brown. Add ginger garlic paste and give it a stir. Let it cook for a minute.
- Add the chopped potatoes, methi, tomatoes. Give it a stir so the onion won’t burn at the bottom. Add salt, turmeric, red chili powder, garam masala and one cup of water. Stir until all the ingredients are mixed properly. Put the lid on and cook on medium high flame for 3 whistles and 10 minutes on low flame then turn off the heat.
- Remove the lid once the cooker cools down. Add finely chopped coriander. Aloo methi curry is ready – can be serve with rice and roti.
I was in a hurry to eat. Forgot to take the picture of the final curry 😀