One thing kids love more than chocolate itself is a chocolate cake. So when my niece came over for the weekend I promised her chocolate cake for the evening snacks. She was super excited about it since then.
After a hectic morning routine I wanted to catch some sleep before I did anything else. My over enthusiastic niece could not contain her excitement and tried waking me up many times. Going from gently patting me in the face to fiercely shaking me. Eventually I gave up sleep and made her the cake she was craving to have.
As a cook, there is nothing more satisfying than people enjoying the food you made. Meaning: finishing the cake within the first 10 minutes of taking it out of the oven.
Here is the recipe for 10 minutes one bowl microwave choco-lava cake.
- Sugar – 1 cup
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Cocoa powder – ½ cup
- Baking salt – ½ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Melted butter – ½ cup
- Milk – ½ cup
- Dark Chocolate – Bar
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tbsp
- In a bowl, add sugar, all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Mix all the dry ingredients well.
- Add milk, vanilla essence and melted butter. Mix the ingredients and ensure no lumps are formed. We are not adding eggs to this recipe, which will make the cake fudgy. Without the eggs the cake will be more soft and sponge-like.
- Once the batter is ready, cut the dark chocolate bar to small pieces and place them in bowl in any order of your choice. I had six people to serve, so I placed six pieces in circular form around the edges of the bowl.
- Most of the microwaves come with Chocolate cake pre-settings. If not, set the timer for 6 minutes. Place the bowl in the microwave and start the timer.
- And the one bowl microwave choco lave cake is ready in just 10 minutes! Just remember where you have placed the dark chocolate pieces while slicing the cake.
Do try the recipe and share your experience.