There are so many masala dosa lovers out there who think making this masala at home is difficult. Let me tell you something: it is the most simple and easiest dish we can make at home in less than 20 minutes.
Here is the recipe for Aloo Masala:
Potatoes: 4 medium
Onion: 1 medium
Green chillies: 2
Curry Leaves: handful
Oil: 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds: 1 tsp
Ginger Garlic paste: 1 tsp
Salt: 1 tsp
Red Chilli powder: 1 ½ tsp
Turmeric powder: a pinch
Coriander powder: ¼ tsp
Aam chur (dried mango powder): ¼ tsp
Coriander leaves: for garnish
- Wash and dice potatoes in quarter portions. Steam cook them in a pressure cooker for three whistles. Finely chop onions and green chillies.
- In a pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Once they start to sputter add chopped onions, curry leaves and green chillies. Cook them till the onions turn golden color.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook it for a couple of minutes.
- Skin the steam cooked potatoes and mash them. Add the mashed potatoes to the onion mix.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric and aam chur. Mix all the ingredients together and let it cook for a couple of minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Hot and tasty Aloo Masala is ready to be served!
Aloo Masala can be served with dosa, roti or puri.