After failing at making the pasta right for a couple of times, I have depended on Italian restaurants or my sister to eat a good bowl of pasta. Today, I have braved myself to make the final attempt before I gave up cooking pasta for good! And imagine what? It turned out to be absolutely delicious!!
Immediately I sat down to write this recipe so I can share it here!I have watched enough pasta recipes to drive myself crazy. Having said that, I have used bits and parts of recipes from each dish and made my own pasta dish.
Here is the recipe:
- Shrimp (dresses and de-veined): 125 grams
- Penne Pasta: 200 grams
- Oil: 3 Tbsp
- Butter: 2 Tbsp
- Garlic: 6 cloves
- Onion: 1 medium size
- Red Chilli: 1 small size
- Tomatoes: 3 medium size
- Basil/ Mint: 2 Tbsp
- Salt: To taste
- Pepper: ½ Tsp
- Red Chilli powder: ½ Tbsp
- Cheese: 3 Tbsp
- Heat water in a pot. Add salt and dash of oil. Bring it to boil and add pasta. Cook it as per instructions on the packet, which usually is 10-12 minutes. For me it took good 20 minutes to cook it right. Once the Pasta is cooked, drain water and set it aside.
- In another pot heat water and add dressed and de-veined shrimp, wash them thoroughly or leave it hot water for couple of minutes. Drain water and set them aside.
- Finely chop Garlic, Onion and Red chilli. Dice the tomatoes and prepare puree.
- In a pan, add 3 tbsp of oil and 2 tbsp of butter. Once the butter melts, add garlic and cook it till it turns translucent. Next add Onion and cook till they turn translucent.
- Add shrimp, salt, pepper, red chilli powder and Tomato puree. Cook for 15 minutes. Remember to multiple task while the pasta cooking in the water to save time.
- Add cooked pasta, finely chopped Basil/Mint and cheese. Cook on low flame for 5 minutes. And Voila! Mouth watering Pasta with Shrimp is ready!!
For this dish I have used Red Chilli and Mint from my own garden.
Hope you like the dish. Do try it and share your thoughts in the comments below!