When you love Italian food and cannot eat out due to the current circumstances. When you try to make the Italian dishes at home and they don’t turn out as they should. That is when I rely on my sister who also happens to be the best cook. And she makes the best pasta, better than the restaurant quality! I have dubbed it as the “otherworldly pasta”. Meaning: while eating the pasta, I right along with my niece have transported to another world!, We have thoroughly enjoyed the pasta while giving our thanks and compliments to my sister.
Since I loved this recipe so much, I wanted everybody who enjoys a good plate of pasta to give it a try.
Here is the recipe for the “otherworldly pasta“:
- Spaghetti pasta – quantity for two
- Tomatoes – 3 large size
- Garlic cloves – 5
- Broccoli – 100 gms
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Chillie flakes – 1 tsp
- Fresh Basil leaves – 10 (Dried Basil powder can be used as substitute)
- Cheese – 50 gms
- Freshly crushed pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Take a pot and add water, a bit of butter, a pinch of salt and bring it to boil.
- Add Pasta and cook till Al-dente.
- In another pot blanch the broccoli for 10 minutes.
- Make puree with the three tomatoes.
- In a pan add butter and grated garlic. Sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add tomato puree to the sautéed garlic and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Add crushed pepper, chopped basil leaves, chillie flakes and salt to the sauce and cook it for a couple of minutes.
- Add drained pasta and blanched broccoli to the sauce along with grated cheese and stir till all the ingredients are mixed well.
- Give it a taste and season it as required.
- Serve the pasta with the garnish of cheese and basil leaves.