Never be afraid of experimenting with the vegetables in your kitchen. To find a way and incorporate healthy food in your daily meals. My sister recently tried Sorakaya pachadi and it tastes delicious. Here is the recipe.
It can be served with Idli and Dosa.
- Urad daal: 1 tbsp
- Jeera: 1tsp
- Methi Seeds: ¼ tsp
- Sesame Seeds: 2 tbsp
- Bottle Gourd: Quarter piece
- Tomatoes: 2 big
- Curry leaves: handful
- Coriander: handful
- Green Chillies: 2 Big
- Red Chillies: 3
- Tamarind: half lemon size
- Turmeric: ¼ tsp
- Garlic – 8
- Salt to taste
- Oil 2tbsp
- Dry roast urad daal, jeera and methi seeds until they turn aromatic.
- Dry roast sesame seeds and let them pop for a minute
- Add 2 tbsp of oil into a pan and add diced bottle gourd, green chillies, diced tomatoes, curry leaves, coriander, turmeric and red chillies.
- Let it cook until tomatoes are mushy. Now add tamarind and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let the mixture come down to the room temperature.
- Before grinding the mixture, add the garlic and salt. Add a little water while grinding.
- Temper the chutney with traditional popu/ thalimpu.
Tasty and healthy Sorakaya Chutney is ready!