This is a very easy snack/ breakfast to prepare. Especially, when you have small portion of idli batter left and don’t know what to do with it.
You would need gunta ponganalu frying pan for this dish and it is easily available in stores and online as well.
This recipe requires just few ingredients.
- 1 cup Idli Batter
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- Handful of mint leaves finely chopped
- Add chopped onion, green chilli and mint leaves to the Idli batter and mix it thoroughly.
- Heat the gunta ponganalu frying pan and put few drops of oil in each gunta. This pan is usually made in cast iron, so be mindful of the temperature you set. Keep the flame on medium if you don’t want your ponganalu to be burnt outside and under-cooked inside.
- Swirl the pan gently, so the oil coats the guntalu evenly.
- Take a tablespoon and put spoonful of batter in each gunta. Cook the batter for five minute on low flame and turn them to the other side using a tablespoon.
- Cook them for five minutes on the other side too. And the tasty gunta ponganalu are ready! They can be served with green chutney.
Do try the recipe and share your thoughts in comments!